Your GoPro Hero9 recording time will vary depending on the resolution set and the sd card capacity.
On the Hero9, both 5K and 4K have a bitrate of 100 Mbps, which translates to 12.5 Mbp, or about 750MB per minute.
A combination of these settings (bitrate, frame rate, resolutions) determines the file size of footage capture on the card.
Find another combination of bitrate and recording using this link
But before then make sure you have an SD Card that is compatible with your GoPro.
We’ve compiled a list of sizes and models that are compatible. SDHC (Secure Digital High Capacity) and SDXC (Secure Digital Extended Capacity) cards are available (Secure digital extended capacity). The amount of photos/footage you’ll need depends on the length of the videos you want to create.
- MicroSD cards from Gopro come in capacities ranging from 32GB to 1TB.
- A minimum of a Class 10 Storage Card is required for your GoPro devices.
- The SanDisk Extreme microSD Card from GoPro is one of the fastest microSD cards on the market.
- Up to 160MB/s read speeds to save time transferring high res images and 4K UHD videos; Requires compatible devices capable of reaching such speeds
Below are typical recording storage times for the HERO9 Black with 32GB, 64GB, 128GB, 256GB, 400GB, 512GB, and 1TB SD card are shown below.
|Resolution (16:9)||Frame rate||High Bitrate (Hr:Min)||Standard Bitrate (Hr:Min)|
- Up to 160MB/s read speeds to save time transferring high res images and 4K UHD videos (2); Requires compatible devices capable of reaching such speeds
|Resolution (4:3)||Frame rate||High Bitrate (Hr:Min)||Standard Bitrate (Hr:Min)|
At 23.6 megapixels, the resolution of GoPro 9 is roughly double that of its predecessors. This allows for shooting higher-resolution photos.
- Incredible speeds in a microSD card officially licensed for the Nintendo Switch and Nintendo Switch Lite systems
- 4K ULTRA HD RECORDING – The Rove R2-4K dash camera can record videos up to a resolution of 2160p. The Ultra HD video recording quality is so good that you will notice so much more clarity and quality difference than all other car dash cams. Revolutionary Super Night Vision Technology (Ultra-low Light Sensor NT96660 + SONY IMX335) helps to get comparatively clearer footage and images from the recording in low light condition
- Three Cameras in One: Maximize your creative freedom. With MAX you can shoot traditional Hero-style video and photos or capture immersive 360 footage. Vlog to the max with shotgun-mic performance and a front-facing screen
- Streamlined design: The reimagined shape is more pocketable, and folding fingers at the base let you swap mounts quickly. A new side door makes changing batteries even faster, and the lens is now 2x more impact resistant.
Here’s a rough idea of how many photographs and how long you can record video with the various memory card sizes available with your GoPro Hero9.
Please bear in mind that these are simply estimated to help you understand what to expect from each SD card size, depending on the size of your SD card, you can double or divide the amount of time.