Afraid of charging your gopro overnight? it’s a genuine concern as it cost a lot to repair or get an original gopro battery.
GoPro overheats when plugged in for a long period of time, and as is the case with any battery charging system, this could have an adverse effect on the battery life and performance.
Users on Quora and Reddit have complained about the negative impacts on battery life after an overnight charge.
Table of Contents
Is it bad to charge GoPro overnight?
Gopro has a safe charging mode that protects the battery and cuts the circuit when it reaches 100% but to stay safe set a timer to unplug it after at least 2-3hrs to avoid overheating.
Below are alternatives method of charging your battery without your gopro overnight.
Get a Dual Charger
A better fit for charging your gopro batteries overnight is the Gopro Dual Charger.
- You can, conveniently charge two GoPro batteries simultaneously.
- It is optimized to get a fully charged battery as quickly as possible via most USB ports.
- For up to 38% faster charging, use a GoPro Supercharger
- Allows you to charge your spare batteries while you use your camera
Get an Additional Battery
- 【THREE SOLUTIONS IN ONE】You can use Allin Box as CHARGER to simultaneously charge 3 GoPro Hero 9 Hero 10 black batteries, as a high speed SD Card Reader, and as a STORAGE BOX to store 3 batteries and 3 SD cards.
instead of charging overnight, get additional batteries, it helps doubles the time you use your gopro. check prices on amazon
Get a Power Bank
- The Anker Advantage:Join the 50 million+ powered by our leading technology.
An external power bank for your gopro helps extend your recording time while eliminating overheating, and also kept the GoPro’s battery charged the whole time. Here is an article on choosing the best power bank for your gopro.
A complete Gopro Package
- Conveniently charges 2 GoPro HERO10 Black/HERO9 Black batteries simultaneously
This GoPro Dual Battery Charger + Battery kit includes a spare 1720mAh battery for the HERO10 or HERO9 Black and features a simultaneous dual charger for two 1720mAh GoPro batteries. The charger has a USB Type-C power port and comes with a USB Type-C to Type-A cable for use with USB wall plug adapters or other USB power sources.
How long should my GoPro be charged?
It shouldn’t take more than 2 hours if you’re using a typical Gopro AC wall charger. After an hour, it should be around 80%.
It can take up to 4 hours to fully charge your GoPro’s battery if you’re utilizing a low-current power source like a computer’s USB port.